Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Journey

After a brief trip to Boston for the opeing of the SMALL TREASURES exhibit at Vessels Gallery, which included my 'Black Figure Little Pots of Gold',


I went back to South Station to return to NYC to finish sorting through my favorite tools and whatever else I wanted to bring to Colorado.

I went to the Watershed fundraiser in NYC and then finished packing..

After going to the wrong airport, racing in a cab over to Laguardia Airport, flying into windshears, I landed in Denver. The assistant to the Arts District co-ordinator met me there and we began the final leg of the journey.


I had forgotten how beautiful it is here. Such counterpoint to life in NYC.

The ride from the airport was 'muse food'.


The sky was more beautiful than my little camera could capture. The images are stored now for later use in the studio.

How amazing to be returning to a place where I already know that the people here are warm, welcoming, encouraging, and creative. Where I already know that the air will try to dry my clay too fast if my joints are not well protected. Where I already know that my muse will be inspired. Where I already know that I CAN work while people mill throughduring Open Studios.


I am very grateful to have this opportunity to be here as artist-in-residence at the Tin Shop. I embrace this time-out from the regukar stuff of my daily life in NYC.
I am soothed by the stillness of the mountains. The work of getting here is behind me now.
After a supply run yesterday, I am ready to begin the clay work.

No comments: